Institute of Business Management & Technology Bangalore
The Institute of Business Management & Technology has emerged as South India’s fastest rising B-School in the first decade of the 21st Century. Conceived as an innovation-mediated knowledge centre of excellence IBMT is focused on the new economy. Knowledge, innovation and information processing are the key elements of new competitive global structure. IBMT believes that the integration of global systems is now creating an intelligent space where empowered individuals will be required to work as intellipreneurs to generate wealth in the society. New signposts of creative economy are on the horizon. Therefore intellectual perspective at IBMT is now evolving around I4-C model.
IBMT realises that in order to grasp the intricacies of new businesses in the digital economy, the future managers must develop capabilities to integrate multiple skills, evolving knowledge systems and emergent technologies. Following an inter-disciplinary approach that integrates technology and business, programs of study at IBMT have been designed with a clear focus on knowledge models.
We now live in a world that is increasingly defined by Globality, Cybernity and Complexity. Technology of transport and communication is accelerating the trans-border flow of data, goods, services and people. Collapse of time and space is sharpening the process of rapid integration of world societies creating increased possibilities for interaction among people across borders.
Convergence of technologies such as satellites, computers, television, telecommunications, genetics & biotechnology, etc is changing the way we live. The most profound impact has been felt on business organizations and processes marked by increasing complexity. The problem in today's complex environment is that business and the target are constantly modifying each other and co- evolving. Therefore, the linear path is no longer feasible to achieve targets. In order to comprehend the emerging complexity and select intelligent pathways one requires not only the knowledge of technology but new cognitive skills to manage complex organizations.
However, the classroom education alone is inadequate to capture the depth of experiences concerning cultural and historical diversity. IBMT education aims to develop future managers with holistic perception through unity of thought, vision and action to operate in the emerging complex business environment.
The Institute is dedicated to nurture creative contributors with enhanced creative and technological skills to contribute to the creation, application and extension of knowledge for the benefit of the society.
Quality at IBMT
- The Institute has a rigorous quality assurance mechanism built on sound academic foundations. The quality of courses is maintained through continuous review and enhancement. Staffs who are involved in the latest research to develop new theories and to understand ever-changing world regularly update courses.
- In order to ensure the standard and quality of education all our programmes are subject to an approval process by the Board of Studies. Approval involves the assessment of a programme to ensure that it meets the institutional and industry standards for a program at that level and delivery mechanism adhere to international standards. As a matter of policy, all programs offered by the Institute are reviewed on a regular basis in order to take account of recent developments in the field and to improve its structure. The quality and standard of the programs is maintained wherever possible enhanced.
- Tie-ups with international placement agencies for global career opportunities
- 100% Placement Record
- Educational visits to organizations in Singapore, Malaysia, UAE, & Europe
- Work on live projects with stipend and gain extensive industry experience
- Scholarships for the deserving
- Communication Skills & Personality Development
- Opportunity for venture funding to promote entrepreneurship
The campus is being designed as a fully integrated facility. IBMT was the first campus to integrate WiFi. The system is equipped with broadband facility. The Institute is equipped with multiple state-of-the-art specialized labs.
All students are expected to use computers in their day-to-day study. All students have personal laptops yet they all have free access to the Computing Lab to do their work any time of the day. In addition to the computers, there is access to wide range of facilities including documentation, advice and training on supported software. These facilities are an integral part of the curriculum.
All students are provided training on Internet and Web Management and assigned individual E-mail IDs. The high speed Internet connectivity provides an extended access to vast intellectual resources.
KNOWLEDGE RESOURCES CENTRE
- The Knowledge Resource Centre reflects the teaching and learning commitments of the Institute. The Institute takes pride in building one of the finest libraries in Bangalore. While the important and current journals are available in print format the effort is to collect all reference materials in digital format. The Institute's computer network offers access to the Internet, networked CD-ROMs, multimedia workstations and other electronic databases.
- The Knowledge Resource Centre supplements its own resources through access to the interlibrary loan network. Access can also be arranged to specialist libraries based in Bangalore. The Resource Centre staff is always available to provide information and advice. Individual and group study spaces allow for different methods of studying in pleasant and comfortable surroundings.
- The quality of student accommodation is an essential ingredient in academic success and enjoyment of student life. Befitting the standards of the participants in a professional education program, the Institute has evolved a system to provide lodging and boarding facilities through professional catering and active participation of residents.
- All outstation students are provided guaranteed accommodation on the basis of their confirmed request.
- All residents are provided furnished accommodation. Halls of residence are equipped with individual TVs, telephones, water coolers, solar heating systems, water filters, washing machines etc.
INDOOR GAMES & GYMNASIUM
In order to ensure a well-rounded personality development it is necessary to provide a balanced mental and physical activity. With this objective in view the Institute has set up separate gyms in both boys and girls hostels. Apart from necessary gymnasium equipment there is Table Tennis facility in boys’ hostels.
- Post Graduate Management Programs
- Executive MBA (Fast Track One Year)
- TWO YEARS FULL TIME POST GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of International Business (MIB)
- Master of Finance and Accounting (MFA)
- Master of Science (IT)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Corporate Oriented Programs
- Masters Program in Business Management & Technology (MBM-Tech)
- PG Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM)
- Sector Oriented Programs
- Masters Program in Tourism Administration (MPTA)
- Masters Program in Business Management (Development Management) NGOs.
- Bio Informatics.
- Marketing & Sales Management
- Human Resource Management
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Information Systems Auditing
- International Business Management
- Financial Management
- Production Management
- Operations Management
- Insurance & Risk Management
- Participants are admitted on the basis of a rigorous selection process. The courses are ideally suited for candidates with science, engineering and commerce backgrounds with basic computing skills. All candidates are required to take a written test of the Institute or any of the following:
- ATMA [Aims Test For Management Admission]
- CAT [Common Admission Test]
- CST [Competence in Software Technology]
- K-MAT [ Karnataka-Management Admissions Test]
- MAT [Management Aptitude Test, AIMA]
- NAT [ National Aptitude Test]
- PGCET [ VTU – Karnataka]
- XAT [ Xavier’s Aptitude Test]
- Candidates applying for admission to any of the Postgraduate Programs should fulfill the following eligibility conditions:
- Graduate or an equivalent degree / diploma in engineering, science, commerce, management or any technical discipline. Graduates in arts with Mathematics, economics and statistics background with 50% aggregate marks.
- Preference is given to the candidates who have basic computer literacy; have basic proficiency in quantitative skills; may have acquired advanced skills in hardware / software technologies compatible with the program of study and / or has knowledge of a foreign language.
- Proficiency in English Language is a must. Foreign and NRI students, whose mother tongue is not English, are required to produce the score in TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS or BEC or any other proof of proficiency acceptable to the Institute.
- Special consideration is given to women candidates and candidates from Northeastern States, minorities and weaker sections of society.
- Special consideration may be given to candidates sponsored by industries and business organizations.
Under Graduate Programs
10+2. Intermediate, PUC with 50% marks.
Other Related Articles:-